Birth to 3 Years Parent Support Group
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Dottie Higgins Klein, LMFT, RPT-S and a group of parents, for 1 hour each week, face to face on Zoom!
Wednesdays, Live at 1:00 PM ET — plus a Recorded Replay is available for two days after the live session. (Live class time is 10:00 AM in California; early evening in UK and Ireland… International participants, please check your local time.) Participants or their family members who missed the live session can watch the recorded class from the evening until midnight ET the following Friday.
Class Dates — Weekly on Wednesdays (with holiday breaks)
Open Enrollment — Join any time for ten sessions. The intention is to offer an ongoing One-Hour-A-Week Parent Group that you can give yourself for support through the years of parenting!
Parenting is one of life’s greatest challenges. To raise healthy, happy children, it takes a village. Join our village, Ahoy, Parents!, and attend while your little ones nap, or entertain your child while attending the class. Discussions will focus primarily on understanding the Stages of development and on highlighting the amazing social and emotional development of infants, babies, and toddlers, with the goal of prevention of problems. The format includes parents checking in and sharing what they are enjoying about parenting. Discussion will focus on challenges that parents are having that week. Participants are also welcome to send questions in advance of class.
This online, face-to-face support group is offered for a very reasonable fee in order to allow on-going participation — just an hour a week, for years, as you raise your little ones.
- Cultivating the habit of mindful parenting within a secure and supportive space
- Understanding the Stages of Development from Birth to 3 Years – The psychological birth of the human infant based on Margaret Mahler’s 20 years of research of this time period.
- Helping parents to be conscious and in tune with their own experience as parents.
- This early attention within the parent-child relationship not only helps the present moment but also prevents social and emotional problems in preschool and beyond.
- Helping parents sort out conflicting viewpoints in child-rearing.
- Developing Friendships for support outside of the group (optional)
EXAMPLES OF TOPICS: (topics also follow the voiced needs of the group)
- Prevention of problems by understanding optimal responses to a wide range of issues including:
- molding, bonding, attachment
- sleeping/bedtime routine
- mindful parenting, limit-setting, and discipline
- affect regulation
- working with temper tantrums and child’s frustration tolerance
- the development and expression of feelings
- healthy communication
- anxieties and fears, including separation anxiety
- sibling relationships
- anger and aggression
- toilet training
- the significance of these issues as they arise at different stages of development
- and much more!
COST: $180 for 10 sessions. If you are not satisfied after attending your first group session, we will give you a full refund of your payment. We ask that you let us know within 24 hours after the session. One or both parents, grandparents, etc., are also welcome to attend from the same site, or for the replay.
NOTE: If enrollment is low at the time of your registration, the group start date may be delayed. If the group start date is delayed, we will let you know right away and offer a full refund if you prefer. Feel free to contact us to check on current scheduling.
Questions? Call Jerry at 215-844-4321 ext 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahoy, Parents! is sponsored by the Family & Play Therapy Center (www.fptcenter.com), founded in Philadelphia in 1995.
- 10-Session Ticket$180$1800$0