Ages 3 to 12 Years Parent Support Group
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Dottie Higgins Klein, LMFT, RPT-S and a group of parents, for 1 hour each week, face to face on Zoom!
Thursdays, Live at 1:00 PM ET — plus a Recorded Replay is available for two days after the live session. (Live class time is 10:00 AM in California; early evening in UK and Ireland… International participants, please check your local time.) Participants or their family members who missed the live session can watch the recorded class from the evening until midnight ET the following Saturday.
Class Dates — Weekly on Thursdays (with holiday breaks)
Open Enrollment — Join any time for ten sessions. The intention is to offer an ongoing One-Hour-A-Week Parent Group that you can give yourself for support through the years of parenting!
Most parents report that no matter how challenging their work in the world is, parenting remains the greater challenge. The main intention of Parents Ahoy! is to offer a supportive community just one hour a week. There is a live presentation and discussion (or watch recorded replay later) with a group of caring parents who welcome weekly inspiration, suggestions, and support. The meetings focus on a wide range of parenting topics for a very reasonable fee.
A Primary Focus will be to help parents to develop their own parenting style, sorting out conflicting viewpoints in a supportive environment. It includes understanding normal development vs. when parents should be concerned. Questions are welcome in advance or spontaneously during the face-to-face class discussion. In addition to parents with children ages 3-12, we also welcome therapists, counselors, teachers, and grandparents – Live or for the recorded Zoom replay.
EXAMPLES OF TOPICS: (topics also follow the voiced needs of the group)
- Raising Happy Children: Destructive and Constructive Entitlement
- Helping both Child and Parent with Healthy Anger. Handling “meltdowns”
- Technology – How much? How little? How confusing! Blackout Times, Avoid Doomsurfing
- Small “t” traumas - Helping Children Through Small traumas & handling past traumas as the child grows up
- Mindful Parenting – Parents in Tune with their own Experience as Parents
- What is the difference between an Untruth and a Lie at different ages? How to handle children’s lies as part of Normal Development
- Helping Children Deal with Loss, from pets to grandparents, to what is deemed valuable.
- How to Address Parental & Child Peer Pressure—socially, academically, including the latest “gadgets”
- What is underneath a Child’s Anxieties? Fears? What is helpful? What is not?
- What is the Value of parental Limit Setting to help develop Frustration Tolerance?
- Living with children in two homes - divorce/step families
- The importance of Developing Empathy. How to Avoid having Self-centered Children
- “Open Mic” spontaneous discussion
- Nurturing the Child’s True Voice
- What is the difference between Anger and Rage? Concrete ways to help children develop Affect Regulation
- And much more!
COST: $180 for 10 sessions. If you are not satisfied after attending your first group session, we will give you a full refund of your payment. We ask that you let us know within 24 hours after the session. One or both parents, grandparents, etc., are also welcome to attend from the same site, or for the replay. Questions? Call Jerry at 215-844-4321 ext 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahoy, Parents! is sponsored by the Family & Play Therapy Center (www.fptcenter.com), founded in Philadelphia in 1995.
- 10-Session Ticket$180$1800$0